Today's Newsflash - I do not own a toaster. I would like one, and have looked for one in every store I've visited for the last two months. I'm a child of the 70's, and in the 70s and early 80s we had a toaster that was chrome, with black ends. It did have a 'lighter/darker' indicator on the side - but the toast always seemed to be just right, no matter how you fiddled with the toggle.
The chrome sides of the toaster got HOT. I don't know that they got hot enough to seriously burn skin, but they were hot enough that once you discovered they were hot, you didn't touch them again. That's what I'm looking for...just a skinny, plain, unadorned toaster. Do you think I can find one?
Nyet.
To top it all off, we were at the grocery store today, stocked up on Eggo Waffles and syrup. On the way home, the young genius in the passenger seat says, "Hey, if we don't have a toaster, isn't it going to be hard to toast all those waffles we just bought?"
Yep. Incredibly hard. I've since added "small toaster with NON-cool touch sides" to my Christmas wish list.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Finding the perfect toaster is no easy endeavour. I have been through several in my 12 married years and have yet to find one I am completely happy with. I wish you good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shan. I finally ended up buying a cheapie from the Superstore. It's bulkier than I would like, but it's white. It toasts just fine, we've had plain toast and waffles, but I'm not anticipating it to last forever, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteI'm still looking for an 'old-fashioned' slimline toaster. I'll keep you posted!