Anybody who's ended up here from over there (and there seems to be many of you - I've had 16 visits today, all from local ISPs. 16 is astronomically high for this blog)... should at least hear me out here. (Read me out?) How about, please read what I have to say.
I made a flippant comment on Evelyn's blog as a response to an anonymous comment. I've always been one to comment using my name. I'm not afraid to say what I think. Unfortunately the written word doesn't lend itself to 100% understanding. There are no facial expressions in writing. It's sometimes hard to portray emotions; and when you write something you never know how the reader is going to interpret it.
I didn't understand why someone would post anonymously and ask about women living in the household and where the men were/went. First of all, that doesn't strike me as anyone else's business. And if you wanted to know out of genuine concern - then why didn't you sign your name so a response could be directed back to you personally? Or, you could certainly have emailed Evelyn directly.
No further comments are being published from that post. We can still see them all come rolling in, but no more will be posted. Some were not nice. Some were quite nice, and some were down right strange. Not that it matters - but I really wasn't trying to stir up anything, and I certainly got more than I bargained for.
What I was attempting to convey through my 'flippant' comment was that I didn't think the question about men really had anything to do with the topic at hand. To the person who posted the really long saddening comment - thank you for sharing so much.
Go placidly but have fun!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
New comments are not allowed.