Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Too Enthusiastic?

After a bout of bad news yesterday, I was seriously hoping today would be more positive. There's something to be said for your day following the attitude you start out with. Today wasn't great.

There was something going on at work that I was hoping to be chosen for - and the 'judge' told me I was too enthusiastic. I have lots of energy, etc. Perhaps they were looking for slugs? I don't know. I did congratulate my two colleagues that were chosen though - because I think they'll do well.

And, GUESS what!? The Dominion grocery store chain stopped carrying raclette cheese over a year ago. And guess who got her hands on $40 worth of fromage d'oka/raclette direct from La Belle Province!? Guess who's going to be having raclette supper once she's in her new digs? Yep, me! ME!

And you know what... if being 'too enthusiastic' means I can't get excited about the simple things in life, that's too bad. I didn't get this way over night and there's no changing me now. Besides, I have a lot to be enthusiastic about this month. Moving. A wedding. A birthday. A solid week with my boy while his Dad goes hunting. It's all good. Life is grand.

And every day I'm just a little bit more convinced that there is a big hand up there in the heavens - moving around puzzle pieces that turn out to be lives here on earth. Every once in a while something just clicks. Friends, situations, sometimes things just work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment