Friday, March 16, 2007

Walkabout Waste

About 2 months ago I came across this blog while searching Google for other bloggers in Aurora.

I'm very impressed with the efforts that Mrs. Walkabout Waste is making to clean up our town. As hypocritical as it might sound (because I'm not going above and beyond as she is to try and make a difference) - I have noticed the different piles of garbage on Yonge Street, but mostly the obvious ones - piles of garbage that seem to be neglected by the garbage man.

Reading Walkabout Waste has really made me stop and examine my surroundings just a little bit closer. I'm flabbergasted by the number of takeout coffee cups and fast food packaging that I see tossed willy-nilly in the vicinity of the restaurants. That's what the trash cans are there for, people!

Hopefully reading through these de-littering adventures will prompt other citizens to take note of their surroundings. I think the first step is recognizing that the problem exists - and hopefully everyone will do their part to clean up after themselves.

And, just for the record, if you're really unsure what to do with that empty coffee cup as you're driving to work - do just what I do... toss it on the floor of the back seat of your car. Once you have a large enough collection back their, your spouse will grumble, or your children will complain because there's no room to sit - then you simply gather them all up in a bag, and put them in their place! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment