Thursday, March 8, 2007

That Was Then, and This is ....Almost Finished

Here is the 'before' photo. The original is about 3 inches tall and 2 inches wide. Notice the wear mark where the little boy's forehead used to be. Poor kid!


And here is my progress so far. I've fixed his forehead, and have started to add some colour: Adding colour to the shrub rose in the background is going to be quite a challenge, as I'll have to do them one at a time.

I had a hard time selecting colours that appeared 'washed out enough' to be natural looking in a photo this age. Little Harry's blue socks are still a bit too dark, but I will fade them out as I continue.

I'm really enjoying the learning process that goes along with a project like this. I now have a great appreciation for why so many photo restoration places charge an arm and a leg for this service!

No comments:

Post a Comment