Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane!

It's been so long since I've written anything - I may just give up on the whole blogging idea altogether.

Life has been treating me pretty well lately. Logan and I were in Walt Disney World for a week. Neither of us had been before. We really had a fantastic time. It was good for us both to have some time together. We did exactly whatever we wanted to. The only timeline that mattered was our meal reservations. I only booked one per day, since we only had one sit-down meal per day with the meal plan. I've posted all our pictures on www.flickr.com for friends and family to see.

We came back tanned and exhausted. Thankfully we went the week before March Break. We didn't have to wade through crowds of people at any of the parks, which surprised me because I figured the week before our March Break must have been spring break for lots of people across the States. I was wrong, thank goodness.

Logan had this past week off - so tomorrow morning will be a challenge for him. I was back to work last Monday, and back to full routine, with the exception of making lunches. I either ate lunch at Mom's or Gwen's - or bought something to eat at work. Today I finally bought some groceries, or at least enough to get Logan and I through the next couple of days.

Work was zany this week - which is good for two reasons. Firstly, busy means I still have a job - the recent layoffs left me really scared. And - I'd much rather be busy. There's nothing worse than a slow day at the office. It makes for a really long day - and I prefer it when my 8 hrs goes by quickly!

I have a new (old) favourite board game. Sanjaya bought the newest version of Trivial Pursuit and came over to play it with me on Thursday night. I'm going to watch the flyers and pick up a copy for Logan and I. The questions are presented by category, and there are three levels of difficulty to the questions. Sanjaya and I played using the easy questions, and I think they are easy enough that Logan would enjoy playing. On Friday we played but we switched to the medium level - some of the questions were really tough - I'd like to have a look at the difficult ones.

I used to play Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly with friends down the street when I was in elementary school. The best times were when we amalgamated the two games. If I remember correctly, we played Monopoly, but after every turn, we asked a TP question, and if the question was answered correctly, the player got $100 from the bank. Some of the questions were too hard for me and my 12 year old friends, so we got bored quickly with Trivial Pursuit on its own.

Back to the grind tomorrow! I hope next week turns out to be as good as this one was!

No comments:

Post a Comment