Monday, September 22, 2008

Poop! (Can I say that here?)

Just in case, I've cleaned up my title language just a little bit. I never like to wish for anything, because I'm always afraid that if I wish too hard, something bad will happen, and my wish won't come true. I spent all weekend debating with myself.

I've found another little townhouse that is within my price range. It's small, but it would be perfect for Logan and I. It's not too far from family and friends, and my daily commute would only be about 10 minutes longer than it is now.

I talked to Heather and Andy yesterday while we were gallavanting with the kids at Wonderland. I think I was convinced that putting an offer in on this house was the right thing to do, but I just needed someone to tell me they agreed with me. Heather's like a bulldog though - when she knows something's a good idea, she just keeps on, and on. I needed that. And, that's something that a friend can offer, that family cannot. Well, that's not entirely true. Family can keep on and on, but it immediately turns into nagging and I immediately turn them off. I'm not concerned about it though, it works both ways; they do it to me.

Anyway, after another night of nearly no sleep, I decided I was going to do it, bite the bullet and sign myself up for a house. I called my real estate agent this morning, told him what my plans were, and he said he'd make some calls and call me back. Not an hour later, he called back to tell me the house sold just THIS MORNING!

And I was nearly convinced it would all work out for me. Oh well. At least I can be satisfied that it was the right choice, I was just a little slow in making it. And, now that I know what the going price is for that area, I can continue to keep my eyes open.

That doesn't solve the problem of what I'm going to do come the end of October when I have to be out of this place though. Right now I'm too exhausted to even think about it. I've made a few calls about some rental units, but they're so expensive, and everyone wants a first and last month's rent up front (which just makes sense) - but that's going to take a serious chunk out of my bank account. A chunk that I don't want to part with in case I need it when I find another house to look at.

Ugh! Poop!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you've figured out your housing situation. I've enjoyed reading your blog.

    I tagged you!

    http://kikimeewmin.blogspot.com/2008/10/playing-tag.html

    ReplyDelete