Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursdays Suck!

Thursdays suck. I like Mondays, because they're the start of a brand new week. My desk is clean, my head is clear, and I love the feeling of turning to a fresh page in my office notebook and writing the date at the top, then underlining it in red (thanks Mr. Lunney, wherever you are, that one stuck!). Logan is home with me on Monday nights and we always do something 'special', either supper out, or a walk to the park, or a round of video games.

Tuesdays are exciting because they're traditionally busy days at the office. After work I hustle down to Aurora to have supper with Evelyn and Theresa before Evelyn and I head to the council meeting. I've met so many interesting people from hanging around at the town hall. Apart from the geographical challenge; had there been a by-election for the recently vacated council seat, I may have certainly put my name in as a candidate. If nothing else it would be a great experience.

Our Tuesday nights are ridiculously late, so Wednesday mornings always get off to a slow start. But... by the time I'm at work I'm hopped up on caffeine and sugary breakfast cereal, and I'm good to go till the day's end. I use Wednesday night's for me. Simply put, I do just exactly whatever I want to do. Oftentimes I curl up in a corner with a blanket and a book.

Thursdays are Logan's return. I look forward to seeing him on Thursday nights right from the time I get up out of bed in the morning. I think that's why Thursday's suck - because I spend it in anticipation of going home to my family. Tonight we're having a family supper, and then, barring rain, or a deluge of homework on his part, I'd like us both to go for a walk. Once he's snug in his bed my plan is to clean my room like the good 'kid' that I am. I also have to find a battery for my smoke detector - the beeping nearly drove me insane on Monday night. I will have to check the unit itself. It's entirely possible that I damaged it in my frenzied effort to stop the ear-splitting beeping.

Tomorrow is Friday. Friday's are easy going. Friday night is often quiet. Every once in a while I get invited out, or invite someone to go somewhere and make the best of the fact that I do not have to go to work the next day. Not that I sleep in very late on Saturdays - but the idea that I am able to if I so desire is pleasure enough.

Saturdays are 'get stuff done' days. Shopping, etc. Family time when Logan is home. Social time when he's not. This Saturday is going to be a blast. Theresa and I are running in the Mitsubishi City Chase in Toronto. I can't wait. It's another one of those things that I'm excited about and I know will be a great experience.

Sundays are my catch all. I love Sunday. Sundays are for nothing at all. If I'm not at home, I go home on Sundays. If I am home on Sunday, I stay home - frequently in my pj's. No staying home this Sunday. I've been invited out for brunch with friends. I am looking forward to it, and hoping that I'm not too sore from all the exercise on Saturday. We'll see.

And then, all of a sudden it's Monday all over again. I love how when I was typing this, I could detail exactly what happens on any given day of the week - and yet each day is always a surprise.

1 comment: