I have had the very best Mother's Day ever this weekend. It started on Friday night with homemade pizza. Logan did a fine job of slicing pepperoni, spreading sauce and cheese, and peering through the oven door till everything was cooked and melted. The only thing he didn't do was remove the finished product from the oven. Mom helped with that step.
Friday night when I tucked him into his bed he was busy setting his alarm for Saturday morning. We didn't have to go anywhere, but knowing that he likely had something up his sleeve, I didn't ask too many questions. I did check his clock once he was asleep - he had set it to wake him up at 5:27 in the morning, so I shut it off. That's way too early, even for a weekday. I did NOT want to get up that early on a Saturday, and normally once he's up, so am I.
When I did finally get up on Saturday morning, it was about 8:30. There was a lot of very industrious sound coming from the kitchen. Minutes after I arrived upstairs, I was served a delicious breakfast of strawberry pancakes, juice, and coffee. Am I spoiled or what?
We spent the day with family, and for supper Logan made "Ready Already Alfredo" from the Magic Bullet cookbook. He went a little overboard with the garlic, but the sauce was good nonetheless. All I had to do was boil some pasta. I had picked up a broccoli salad, and some pomegranate juice that we sipped from wine glasses - just to romanticize the whole evening further.
So, I had breakfast, family time, supper, more family time on Saturday. Today Logan and I were outside most of the morning, then we headed over to the mall to ride the charity Ferris Wheel. The Persechini Run-Walk-A-Thon is sometime around the 28th of May - so this weekend they had the midway running in the mall parking lot to raise money. $5 each for a ferris wheel ride is a VERY GOOD deal when the money goes directly to a charity. That's the same price we'd pay for a ferris wheel ride anywhere else, and who knows where the money goes if you're somewhere else.
Then (and this is the best part), Logan and I went in to the mall, and wandered around Coles book store. FOR TWO HOURS. TOGETHER. We read snippets to each other. We sat on the floor and read side by side. We meandered around looking at books that interested us individually, and we always seemed to meet up just a second before my sense of panic set in. We each chose a book to buy, and tonight after supper, we sat side by side on the couch. Reading. Together. I'm absolutely thrilled!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment