It bothered me slightly, not because I was 'inconvenienced' or anything... but because I've been there. I know, and I have always known that I can always go home. So did she. Some people don't ever have that option. The idea of not being able to go home is not something I can even fathom. Every day I learn how important family is.
I spent a fun afternoon downtown with my cousin Jaime yesterday. We've got more in common than I ever imagined - physically, emotionally, and intellectually. There's a lot to be said for genetics, and even more to be said for parents who raise their children how they themselves were raised.
This afternoon I sat outside enjoying the weather, thinking just how thankful I am that I have the family that I've got.
I'll try to remember that when we're all driving each other crazy!

No comments:
Post a Comment