Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yes, I Did Argue

In Evelyn's blog post today titled "Songs of Praise" she writes about all of the comments she gets on her blog. Some of them are fantastic. Just this week someone commented that she was of the 'same' vintage as my friend, and was very impressed with her computer skills. I can understand why Evelyn would be pleased with such a relevant comment. Heck, I'm impressed with the skills Evelyn's learned at this point. It all sheds a new light on the adage about dogs and tricks, doesn't it?

Some of the comments, though, are downright nasty. When the ugly ones start to roll in, I try to post them right away. They are the ones that provide opportunity for discussion - or I see it that way anyway. As much as the nice comments show praise and often indicate support, how does one respond to that? By saying "By Jove I'm good, aren't I?" ?

That is why I argued that ALL of the comments have their place. I think that the whole 'debate' side of politics is the part to which I'm drawn to most often. I like to hear both sides of the debate, and form my own opinions based on the information that's presented. And, as much as the blog is Evelyn's and she can post things exactly as she sees them - it's the feedback that leads to a discussion, and quite often a few emails back and forth on the topic - but only if you put your email address in the comment box.

Alternatively, you can email her directly from the link on the blog itself. Give it a try. I bet she responds immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment