Monday, May 7, 2007

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I love to laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. It brings people closer together, and is a language unto itself.

It helps that I'm surrounded by comics and clowns, and people who can explain their humorous situations so eloquently.

Everywhere I go, there is humour. Most of the childhood memories that I have involve some aspect that is humourous...and even if the situation wasn't meant to be funny, after the fact, well, all I can do is laugh.

Grandma got stuck in the pool one day. She got in to have a swim with us at my uncle's insistance, and when it came time to get out, she wasn't able to hoist herself over the edge of the pool. Instead of asking for help - she simply stayed put. In the water. For most of the afternoon. Eventually someone got a stepladder, dropped it into the water, and she was able to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment